The kids of CC 265 (aka, the ROMEKIDS) are in ROME!!!! Here's my take on the experience :)

Monday, May 23, 2011

Why isn't this pen working? Oh, because it's a pencil...

22 May 2011
9:20pm - JFK Airport

Thankfully Maria gave me a pen that actually works so I can start writing all this down. My pretty new mechanical pencil wouldn't work...

I'm currently sitting on the plane, a Boeing 777, cramped beyond belief, but totally ready to be off to Rome! I have no idea how I'll sleep on the plane, but hopefully the benedryl I packed will knock me out.

The plane is supposed to leave in 20 minutes! That means eight hours and 34 minutes later, we should be landing in Italy. We're supposed to be heading straight to St. John's University as soon as we land, rest for a few hours, then head out to walk around for a bit. I think we're taking a public bus to the university. That should be an interesting experience. Dan was joking that he "wants to put Belcastro on the 64," which apparently has somethig to do with gypsies, and is not very safe. Thanks Dan.

Jackie is sitting maybe three rows ahead of me on the other side of the plane. We could hear her laughing and exclaiming, "Hell yeah!" to somebody. I'm not quite sure where Dan is. I thought they they were going to put all us RomeKids together on the plane. I'm lucky... my row consiss of Jordan and Marie, and the center row across from me is Gia, Shannon, and Jovany. Jordy unfortantely is in the row behind us wit two random girls, cramped in the corner. At least they seem nice.

We're starting to take off! They dimmed the lights, had us put our seatbelts on, and had us put our trays up. We're moving backwards now. What a weird feeling. They're showing instructions of how to do everything in both Italian and English. I mean, there are literally explanations for everything, even to make sure you take your high heeled shoes off before you jump down the inflatable slide into safety.

Ok, I think we're actually starting to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment